Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ciao, papi

book2

On June 15 my dad passed away, in a hospital in Padova, far from home.
He wanted to recover.
He wanted to visit Berlin, to buy a bicycle, to learn to play the guitar, to return to L'Aquila.
He loved books, Jorge Luis Borges, music,humor, teaching, his family, his hometown.
He was shy, gentle and very loved.
This was his library. This was him.

13 comments:

  1. Ciao Vic,

    Condolances for you and your family. You're father was an amazing man.

    Berend

    ReplyDelete
  2. sono molto, molto dispiaciuta! si intuisce dai link che hai indicato quanto fosse una persona speciale. per poi lo era sicuramente. un abbraccio forte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. scusa, ho sbagliato a scrivere. era "per te".
    un abbraccio ancora.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mi piace molto il volto di tuo padre... il tuo ricordo di lui è veramente commovente. Ti sono vicina. Un abbraccio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. condoglianze anche da parte mia...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry. I lost my dad last October. Such a difficult thing to face. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope he's playing the guitar now. Maybe even riding a bike. He's certainly reading some book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so sorry for your loss, and for his. peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barbara! I popped in from flying lessons to say hello..non mi aspettavo di leggere del tuo dolore..

    Mi dispiace ...Your Papi is a beautiful soul, I see this in his eyes....

    Mi dispiace per 'L'Aquila'.. Tempo fa avevo amici there...

    Un abbraccio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS I meant to tell you that your ART is BEAUTIFUL!! ASSOLUTAMENTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Dear one, So much grief in such a short time! Love does not die, though. May you experience your Papi's love always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penso che con questo disegno hai veramente catturato l'essenza di tuo padre così come l'abbiamo conosciuto. Probabilmente di occhiali ne avrà avuti tanti, però, se ci vogliamo dedicare solo al disegno, me lo ricordo esattamente così. Gli oggetti che rimangono e che parlano dell'assenza.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Barbara, I have only just read this. Hard hard loss, on top of so much else going on. Sending love to you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...