Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Right now - Proprio adesso

(Inspired by SouleMama's "right now" series)
Right now, I am:
- so happy that my newborn niece is home from the hospital;
- so happy that my daughter (11) loves playing the piano;
- so happy that my son (4) tells me that we'll be friends forever;
- so happy that the burglars who entered our home only took away things. Nobody was hurt and our home was not vandalized. Just a bit of chaos in my bedroom;
- trying to live day by day, moment by moment;
- wondering when - whether - my never-too-soon-to-be-ex-husband will ever decide to leave me and the kids in peace;
- learning a lot about life and the art of living;
- hopefully teaching (my kids) something about life and the art of living;
- wondering when I'll be able to draw/paint something meaningful to post on my blog;
- thinking that I am so tired and have so many urgent things to do, that all I can do right now is be confident that no catastrophe will happen if any or all of my readers get bored and migrate to other, more frequently updated blogs. (I'd feel sorry, though).

(Ispirato dai post della serie "proprio adesso" di SouleMama)
Proprio adesso sono: 
- felice che la mia nipotina appena nata sia tornata a casa dall'ospedale;
- felice che mia figlia (11) ami suonare il pianoforte;
- felice che mio figlio (4) mi dica che "saremo amici per sempre";
- felice che i ladri che mi sono entrati in casa abbiano portato via soltanto cose. Nessuno si è fatto male e la casa non è stata vandalizzata. Giusto un po' di caos nella mia camera da letto;
e sto:
- tentando di vivere giorno per giorno e momento per momento;
- chiedendomi quando il mio futuro ex-marito deciderà di lasciare in pace me e i bambini - se mai lo deciderà;
- imparando un sacco di cose sulla vita e l'arte di vivere;
- insegnando (spero) ai miei bambini qualcosa sulla vita e l'arte di vivere;
- chiedendomi quando riuscirò a disegnare o dipingere qualcosa di significativo per il mio blog;
- pensando che sono così stanca ed ho così tante cose urgenti da fare, che tutto ciò che posso fare ora è  confidare nel fatto che nulla accadrà di catastrofico se qualcuno dei miei lettori - o magari tutti - si stuferà ed emigrerà verso altri blog aggiornati con più frequenza (mi dispiacerebbe, però)

(Oh well. I do have a painting to post, after all. This was inspired by the movie "Léon: The Professional" and is dedicated to my little niece whose name is Matilda, like the character played by a young Natalie Portman).

(Oh beh, dopotutto ce l'ho, un dipinto da pubblicare. E' ispirato al film "Léon" ed è dedicato alla mia nipotina, che si chiama Matilda come il personaggio interpretato da una giovanissima Natalie Portman).


Matilda 


8 comments:

  1. aauguri a te e a Matilda !
    dopotutto credo che comunque tutti noi viviamo la vita giorno per giorno e momento per momento non credo ci siano altri modi, almeno io non ne ho trovati
    un abbraccio anche ai tuoi piccoli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viva Matilda, gli amici per sempre, il piano e i concorsi pianistici e i concerti e l' arte della vita. Che è sempre meglio dell' arte della non-vita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auguri a Matilda e......anche a te Barbara, che nonostante i momenti difficili che hai attraversato, sai trovare le motivazioni per guardare verso un futuro più sereno e pieno di cose da fare. Ti ammiro! Abbraccio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite films and favourite role that Natalie played, you've captured her so well in your painting. Stay strong Barbara and don't worry about not posting too much at the moment, we'll come back regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was pretty sure I commented here when I first read this on my reader. I am so happy to read about all the happy points. The burglary is still scary. That is such a violation. I know how that feels. The burglars took my engagement rigs and all my other rings! :( But you are right, no one was hurt. Life is most precious. I hope that your husband will leave you in peace. Some relationships change and we must accept that, so more power to him to lean to leave and live in peace. Always happy to see you. Nice watercolor. I tried it this weekend. Mine are not for posting. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Barbara, your post is very touching and speaks very much to me. I hope that everything will be fine for you!! I love the painting of Nathalie Portman! I have special feelings for her, and this is why: I´ll never forget when I saw her in this movie for the first time I was in shock: because she looks almost exactly like my little sister! They still look very much alike and have other things in common: my sister gave birth to a boy last year only 3 days later than Nathalie...and my sister has also studied Psycology at university and my sister is an actress, too, albeit only a Hobby-actress (although she earns some with it, too, sometimes!!). Thank you for this post and painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such an interesting story, Barbara, thank you so much for sharing!

      Delete
  7. Cara Barbara, mi ha molto colpito il tuo testo, è così bello che per prima hai elencato i motivi per cui essere contenta. Per il resto...mamma mia, ti auguro serenità e pace !
    Il tuo acquerello è molto bello e trasmette un momento di quiete e sogno ad occhi aperti. Abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...