Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

IF: Layer (Strato)

"Those who give you a serpent when you ask for a fish, may have nothing but serpents to give. It is then generosity on their part." (Gibran Khalil Gibran)

Understanding life's different layers of meaning is not easy.

Layer

"Chi ti dà una serpe quando chiedi un pesce, può darsi non abbia che serpi da dare. La sua, in questo caso, è generosità."
(Gibran Khalil Gibran)

Comprendere i diversi strati di significato della vita non è semplice.

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow Barbara! This serpent looks so scary! No thank you. I don't need the serpent. Yikes! I am afraid of snakes!!! This drawing is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thought-proving. And I love the way you drew it. It has an Etegami perspective about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cara barbara, ma sai che ogni volta che passo qui da te è sempre una piacevole scoperta? un abbraccio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assssssssssssstonisssshing!

    I alssssso like the wisssssdom enclossssed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @debbie: thank you! You are an inspiration, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Barbara, sono d'accordo con Gibran...inoltre ci sono serpi molto meno pericolose di certi pesci!! Complimenti per il bel post. Buon week end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...cara Barbara, terrò a mente questo saggio pensiero e mi sarà utile per perdonare alcuni "doni inadeguati". Le mani sono così affettuose che il serpente ci sta caldo caldo dentro.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bellissimo disegno, e bellissima frase... tutto sta nel modo in cui guardiamo alle persone e alle situazioni, alle volte... un abbraccio forte!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mi sa che hai ragione. Le scaglie però sono bellissime. (I am also scared of snakes).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barbara - the outcome of Gibran's quote is very emotive! wow - it must have felt that way too while you were painting this scene? The wide open hands, soft and gentle, compared to all the lovely texture and the eyes of the snake ! whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Bernhardine: I am often the first to be surprised by the outcome of my painterly endeavors. This is probably not good from an artistic point of view (it means that I am not skilled enough to have complete control over my drawings/paintings), but is exactly what I am looking for: an unexpected sparkle that makes me see things in a different light.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Io sono terrorizzata dai serpenti, ma sono d'accordo che si dovrebbe guardare alle cose che ti vengono fatte con più attenzione e non fermarsi alla superficie. Il tuo serpente è comunque fatto molto bene. Elvi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Artistic control and skill comes with time... but you are a good story teller, and that is better!
    Thanks for your positive comment, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the symbolism. Thanks for dropping in on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...