Marine pebbles wrapped in a warm, felted wool sweater.

The wool I used is "Lana d'Abruzzo". If you know Italian, you can read more about this wonderful project by Roberta Castiglione on her blog: http://robertafilavafilava.blogspot.com/
Qualcosa di un po' diverso, questa volta: un piccolo progetto di S. Valentino. Ciottoli marini avvolti in un caldo maglione di lana infeltrita.
La lana utilizzata è "Lana d'Abruzzo". Chi conosce l'italiano può trovare maggiori informazioni su questo bellissimo progetto di Roberta Castiglione sul suo blog: http://robertafilavafilava.blogspot.com/
The hardness of stone next to the soft wool is just lovely. I have relatives called Castiglione - I wonder if we are related?
ReplyDeleteMa che meraviglia, Barbara! Sei sempre una sorpresa, quante carte hai nella manica? Mi piacciono moltissimo questi ciottoli che hai "scaldato" con la lana... Bravissima! Un abbraccio!
ReplyDeleteThey look like cookies to me. Very nice :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your experiments for you and for me!
ReplyDeleter.
So is the wool felted around the stone, then the heart cut out, showing the stone in the middle?
ReplyDelete@suzanna: that's right :)
ReplyDeletethose are really cool, really cool!
ReplyDeleteWow! I like the concept and execution. You did a nice job.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet and warm 'sweater' illustration; what a cosy Valentine project.
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed looking at all your Illustration Friday projects.
Keep going!
Paula
These wool hearts are so beautiful!! I almost can feel them in my hands.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Such a lovely contrast and feeling!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your lovely comment. Thought I'd come and see who you are in return! Your drawing is lovely, especially the ink/wash work (reminds me a bit of Marlene Dumas' work), but these are just so cute! Felting is fun.
ReplyDelete