Thank you to Butoh dancers for inspiration and to Cristina for the acrylic gesso tutorial. Grazie ai danzatori Butoh per l'ispirazione e a Cristina per il suo tutorial sull'uso del gesso acrilico.
Barbara, credo che pochissimi bloggers, per non dire nessuno, può capire e interpretare meglio di te, la tragedia che ha colpito il Giappone....come dimostra questa splendida e drammatica opera. Un abbraccio.
This one touched me. I appreciate that you never took art classes. For me it allows all of you to shine through without the rules and comparisons we learn in school.
Wow, what a powerful image! Reminds me of the plaster casts made from the voids where the people of Pompeii were captured in volcanic ash and then frozen in time. I had the opportunity to work on one of the casts and it was something I'll never forget.
Indeed, a powerful illustration. The wax-coloured person reminds me of Pompei's victim illustrations, the earthquake mess refers to the earthquake in Italy, L'Aquila, and Japan and anywhere were people have been hurt by the lost of their livelihood. Paula
Barbara, thank you for sharing from your heart on my etegami blog about your earthquake experiences. It was a precious gift, and I am thankful for it. I am heartsick about what happened here in Japan, and I know that the process to recovery and healing may be long and hard. But I do believe that process has begun. :)
wow, such impressive images on this blog! I've never lived through an earthquake but I do remember the chock that was L'Aquila - it's always touches you a little differently when it's so near. Like a previous commenter mentioned - I was reminded of Pompeii. I watched a documentary about it once a child and ended up with a terror that has clung on till this day. Your "Surrender" illo was also very striking.
Barbara, credo che pochissimi bloggers, per non dire nessuno, può capire e interpretare meglio di te, la tragedia che ha colpito il Giappone....come dimostra questa splendida e drammatica opera. Un abbraccio.
ReplyDeleteThis one touched me. I appreciate that you never took art classes. For me it allows all of you to shine through without the rules and comparisons we learn in school.
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful, strong, touching.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a powerful image! Reminds me of the plaster casts made from the voids where the people of Pompeii were captured in volcanic ash and then frozen in time. I had the opportunity to work on one of the casts and it was something I'll never forget.
ReplyDeleteVery powerful. Strikes you like a sculpture, its phisicity is so strong. The memories must have been so painful...un abbraccio anche da me.
ReplyDeleteIndeed, a powerful illustration. The wax-coloured person reminds me of Pompei's victim illustrations, the earthquake mess refers to the earthquake in Italy, L'Aquila, and Japan and anywhere were people have been hurt by the lost of their livelihood.
ReplyDeletePaula
Barbara, thank you for sharing from your heart on my etegami blog about your earthquake experiences. It was a precious gift, and I am thankful for it. I am heartsick about what happened here in Japan, and I know that the process to recovery and healing may be long and hard. But I do believe that process has begun. :)
ReplyDeletewow, such impressive images on this blog! I've never lived through an earthquake but I do remember the chock that was L'Aquila - it's always touches you a little differently when it's so near. Like a previous commenter mentioned - I was reminded of Pompeii. I watched a documentary about it once a child and ended up with a terror that has clung on till this day. Your "Surrender" illo was also very striking.
ReplyDeleteStirring did it certainly. Una soffre e com-patisce e pensa davvero che al peggio no c' è mai fine.
ReplyDeletesuperb
ReplyDelete